Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Mom....I can't find my back pack!"

Well, hello my darling. How is everyone today? I hope ur well. I had a great day. I woke up worked out (p90x is kicking my ass) and got ready for the day. I decided I needed some color in my life. So even though I told myself and you I would wear pants today I chose an adorable pair of high waisted green shorts. I continued the color frenzy with a tie dye t-shirt from american apparel that looks like it sort of has clouds on it. it is my favorite t-shirt it reminds me of summer camp and play practice. It was very a youthful outfit. I felt like a kid again. Oh, and I completed the outfir with my newest and most favorite accessory: a gorgeous orange Hermes belt. I could wear it with a trash bag and look like a million bucks...maybe because the freakin' belt cost that much. Point is: I love it.

Well I had a lot to do today (when don't we all have a lot to do) three rehearsals with three different musical scores and my LaDucas (dance shoes) and so much other crap I realized the vuitton was just not going to cut it for the day. So i pulled out the L.L. Bean. desperate times call for desperate measures. I have to say firstly I love my book bag it has my first name embroidered across the front (not just my initials) in a beautiful script- and it is suuuuper practical. However, practicality and fashion don't always get along. At one time Kipling bags were the epitome of functional fashion. In 8th grade those water resistant, sturdy and spacious bags with adorable monkey embellishments could finish any outfit; you could put on a kipling fanny pack with a tuxedo and go to the oscars. But the moment i put on that L.L Bean i looked an over-grown 9-year-old and I needed the bag so fashion was sacrificed. Thankfully, I didn't break my back trying to carry all of my crap using my inappropriate vuitton hand bag.

Fashion isn't everything. Sometimes we just have to be comfortable. And frankly, the poorgeosie (the rich kids who live in williamsburg and spend alot of money to look as if they didn't spend a dime), stacey london, karl lagerfel, and the rest of the elitist fashionistas who judge us can go suck it and all they need to do is put on a pair of sneakers and a back pack and remember that sometimes being comfortable may not be the most fashionable thing in the world but it can make us feel just as nice.

The cute oufit.

sort of ruined...yet simultaneously enhanced outfit with ll bean (sorry for the crazy eyes)

p.s. a lovely lady came up to me today and told me that my outfits brighten her day and she looks forward to seeing what im going to be wearing...she said the loveliest things. Now isn't that what clothing should always do? wear something tomorrow that is going to brighten someone else's day somewhow...or at the very least your own-but ur clothing should always do that anyway ;)

CON MUCHO AMOR,

juan

2 comments:

  1. You're right. Just slap that belt on a muumuu and you're ready to go. I personally think the LL Bean completes the outfit. Btw...can I do P90X?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey boy! I know that you've maybe checked out my personal blog (The DJF) and was wondering if you'd like to check out my new blog? It's a collaborate effort between a friend of mine and I, exchanging our different musical tastes and experiencing new sounds.

    It's going to be a weekly blog where we exchange 10 songs and discuss them. Maybe you'll discover some new stuff. You can check it out here - http://10-10project.blogspot.com

    I hope you enjoy it! Follow, comment, and tell your friends.

    DONELL

    ReplyDelete