Monday, July 6, 2009

Excellence in Sportswear

Welcome, readers, and thank you for wondering what Juan and I wore today.

This morning I began with an above-the-knee khaki short by Rag & Bone.  I felt the need to save my cutest shirts for engagements later this week, and opted for a sensible summer work tunic: the periwinkle pinstripe linen J. Crew button-down (size XXL) that I stole from my father on the last Jenkins family vacation.

The sheer size and fluidity of the tunic nicely balanced the structured, almost square quality of the shorts.  By the way, it is possible that they are chinos.  I don't know.  Chino sounds so pedestrian.  I suppose I can't help but think of Ryan Atwood's positively Dantesque hometown on The O.C.

Short, white Nike athletic socks (my weakness) and white-with-blue-speckle-effect Vans from the Supreme x Vans collaboration, purchased at the Supreme store on Lafayette Street.

With the summer heat intensifying, there's no telling what fashion accidents may befall Juan and I.  Be sure to follow us on Twitter so as not to miss a minute of our sartorial evolution.

XOXO,
Max

2 comments:

  1. I would Just like to say Max that tunics are all the rage this summer and I want to borrow yours..I feel like it will give me good luck.

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a bright and breezy ensemble, Mr. Jenkins. Work it.

    ReplyDelete